AEMS Senior Project Day 16: 5/20/19

I can’t believe that this is my last week at AEMS (and my last week every as a student at Proctor!).  Today Ms. Hildebrand’s assistant teacher Ms. H wasn’t at school, so I took over her duties in administering something called a “quick word test” to a bunch of students.  I quickly understood why Ms. Hildebrand doesn’t like these, and why independent reading and teaching interesting content is much cooler. During these tests, kids simply read a list of between 300-600 words, while a teacher (or me) follows along and marks what they got wrong.  It’s tedious for both us and them, and while it is important for teachers to know where their students are in terms of vocabulary, there are a lot of things that could be more fun than that. Regardless, the kids all did a great job for their various levels of reading. We had no phonics today but Lily showed some really cool shells to the class during snack which was cool.  After coming back to school and preparing for my final two math classes with the kids, I went back over to AEMS. The kids were taking a test during math so ultimately I was just supervising a group and giving minimal help occasionally. When I got home I made cupcakes for the kids because my last day is tomorrow and I am so grateful for the time we have spent together the last few weeks.  The ending is always bittersweet!

Today’s Hours: 3.5

Total Hours: 50

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AEMS Senior Project Weekly Reflection #2

AEMS Senior Project Day 1: 4/29/19