AEMS Senior Project Day 13: 5/15/19

It was really good to get back over to AEMS today!  The kids were all excited to see me this morning but they weren’t as excited as I was to see them (finally done with my AP tests!).  I started off reading with Griff, who was reading the second book in a series we had started last week. Then I listened to a group of 3 girls who were practicing a book that they will be reading to a class of first graders next week!  It was about a elementary school girl and her quest to win class president (which she did). Afterwards I sorted out a bunch of worksheets that the kids needed to do over the next few days for math. They are moving on to analyzing and creating graphs which will be a lot of fun.  When I went back for the afternoon I was working with three boys as we did some word problems involving measurement and then moved on to exploring some basic bar and line graphs. After they finished their worksheet we went on the chromebooks and did some work with different kinds of graphs on Khan Academy, which they had a lot of fun with.  I was really impressed by how disciplined and eager to learn all three boys were and how well they responded to directions and challenges. Both the kids and I had a lot of silly energy today which was a lot of fun. Can’t wait to get back tomorrow and continue to work!

Today’s Hours: 3.5

Total Hours: 39.5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AEMS Senior Project Weekly Reflection #2

AEMS Senior Project Day 16: 5/20/19

AEMS Senior Project Day 12: 5/14/19