AEMS Senior Project Day 15: 5/17/19

Another truly great day as this week (and senior project) come to a close.  I started off the day creating some short stories with several students in the class (which were all extremely funny and creative).  They all are such talented writers and it was fun to experience them work. Afterwards in phonics class we played a game called Sparkle, where we all stood in a circle and spelled different challenging words, letter by letter.  If you made a mistake or were the person standing in line after the word finished, you were out (I got out all three times). Afterwards during snack some of the students presented the stories that they had created earlier in the morning.  Afterwards Lauren and I worked with a couple of 4th graders in learning Chinese, which was a lot of fun. When I went back to AEMS for their math class the kids had a testing activity with double digit addition and subtraction--with 50 problems!  None of the kids finished it but it was really hard so I tried to keep my group as un-stressed and having fun as much as possible. Overall it was a great end of the week and I can’t wait to get back in there again next Monday!

Today’s Hours: 3.5

Total Hours: 46.5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AEMS Senior Project Weekly Reflection #2

AEMS Senior Project Day 16: 5/20/19

AEMS Senior Project Day 12: 5/14/19